The Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Warsaw issues the Certificate of Residence in the Republic of Poland for our citizens in cases of their permanent return to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The certificate is issued to individuals who have lived in the Republic of Poland for a continuous period of 12-months, or at least 12-months with breaks in the period of 4 years. For the issuance of a Certificate of Residence it is necessary to submit the following documents:
- Copy of a valid passport of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Proof of the date of entry into the Republic of Poland;
- Proof of permanent return to Bosnia and Herzegovina. This proof consists of the following:
- A statement in which the applicant returning to Bosnia and Herzegovina states the following: Under full moral, material, and criminal liability I, _____, declare that on the day _____ I am permanently returning to Bosnia and Herzegovina and am requesting the issuance of a Certificate of Residence (specify purpose, i.e. in order to implement the rights on customs privileges).
- Copy of the one-way airplane ticket,
- Proof of leaving the Republic of Poland (for example: a letter from an employer which states the basis of termination of employment, or termination of the employment contract; proof of payment for the transport of items from the Republic of Poland to Bosnia and Herzegovina; proof of sale of property in the Republic of Poland; proof of termination of a lease; proof of closing bank accounts in the Republic of Poland).
4. Notice of departure made to the Police Foreign Office,
5. Consular fee payment receipt.
IMPORTANT: Goods exempt from customs duties are: personal property, personal baggage and cargo of non-commercial character, which the individual returning held for longer than six (6) months. The final decisions on exempting goods from customs duties are made by the Indirect Taxation Authority of Bosnia and Herzegovina – regional offices.